Around age 40, men and women often feel the need to lift “drooping” tissue on the face and neck back to where it was before. How can we do this without resorting to surgery?
Absorbable tensor threads enable doctors to carry out a quick lift in their consulting room, without scarring or downtime.
There are three main types of absorbable threads:
- Polylactic acid threads, a material that is biocompatible with the human body, with cones (8, 12 or 16 cones) that give the tensor effect
- Barbed polydioxanone threads, a material that has been used for many years in cardiovascular surgery, whose tensor effect is provided by their barbs
- Polydioxanone mesothreads, which do not hook into the skin but tighten it up by stimulating collagen The threads are placed into the deep dermal layer under local anaesthetic. The procedure is carried out in a doctor’s surgery under strict asepsis.
The number of threads used varies from one to three per area for barbed threads and threads with cones, and from ten to fifty per area for mesothreads.
The doctor decides in which pattern he will place the threads, according to the problem to be treated and the patient’s anatomical features.
The immediate result is firmer tissue, then two to four weeks later the dermal components start being produced. The maximum tightening effect is achieved several months later, once new collagen has been produced around the thread, which in the meantime has been absorbed (the threads are fully absorbed after 6 to 8 months, so the effects last between 12 and 18 months).
- neck, décolletage and hands
- body: arms, thighs, buttocks, belly, periumbilical zone, area under the knees, etc.
- improved skin elasticity and texture
- firmer and less heavy-looking skin
- skin aging slowed down thanks to collagen stimulation
- sagging skin treated
- cheeks and cheekbones lifted
- oval of the face redefined
- tail of the eyebrow lifted
- nasolabial folds and marionette lines smoothed
- cutaneous tissue rejuvenated thanks to the densified dermal layers
The after-effects are minimal, with no downtime or scarring.
Slight bruising is the only side-effect, and it can be easily disguised with make-up.