A double chin is an imperfection which troubles many people.
Excessive fullness around the chin and the neck gives the impression of a second chin with loss of definition of the jaw line, and it can be very ageing.
Chin and lower jaw are well drawn, the neck is thin and below the chin there is no excess fat.
The chin is hypoprojected , mandibular line is poorly designed and under the chin there is excess fat .
Causes of double-chins
Double chins can be genetic, linked to ageing or weight gain.
Many factors need to be considered in their treatment :
– Skin, the sagging of the skin.
– Muscles ,muscle weakness and muscular flaccidity, notably in the platysmal muscle.
– Fat and excessive adipose tissues.
– Bones, notably the hypoprojection of the chin or ‘weak chin’.
– The sub-mandible salivary gland. This often droops and is rarely hypertrophic.
These factors in combination give the overall impression of a double chin, but excess fat is often, if not always present.
Examples of double-chin
– This patient illustrates all the factors.
– This patient illustrates the combination of excess fat, a drooping submandible gland and a weak chin.
– This patient shows sagging skin and muscles, and a dropping sub mandible gland.
– This young patient illustrates the combination of a weak chin and excess fat.
Treatments for double chins available at the Paris medical aesthetic clinic
Given that there are multiple causes for double chins, there are also several treatments. In some cases, surgery offers an effective result.
Non-surgical aesthetic treatment of the double chin : before and after photos
For more images go to : www.dr-romano-esthetique.com/en/results-before-after/double-chin/
This page is purely informative, in accordance with the guidelines of the Ordre of Doctors.It is not a publicity for treatments .
Aesthetic treatments of the neck and facial oval