Our eyes are the reflection of our emotions and the mirror of our beauty. Having an unforgettable face often depends on having youthful, radiant skin around the eyes.
The skin surrounding the eye is particularly vulnerable. Subject to incessant movement, it shows the first signs of ageing.
Different shapes of eye exist:
- DOE-EYE OR ‘UPTURNED –EYE’: here the eye is oriented upwards towards the eyebrows and the palpebral fissure
- SUNKEN EYE: the eye appears to be too deep-set in its orbit and this effect worsens with age
- ROUND EYE: genetic or secondary to eyelid surgery. We can find ‘Scleral show’: i.e. a blank space is visible between the cornea and the lower lid
- BULGING EYES: the appears to be too big for its socket
- COCKER SPANIEL EYE: the palpebral fissure droops downwards and outwards making the eye appear sad. This is often accompanied by drooping or falling eyebrows.
Almond eyes : the treatment offered at the Champs- Élysées medical clinic (Paris)
In order to transform a round eye in to an almond eye, we can use surgery (often the only answer for young patients) or aesthetic medicine.
Aesthetic medicine offers the following solutions
-Hyaluronic acid injections around the upper eyelid
With the passing of time, some people suffer from sinking eyelids, and collapsing eye sockets, giving the impression of a round eye. It is possible to plump up the upper eyelid and remodel the eye socket using hyaluronic acid injections.
-Hyaluronic acid injections to the outer canthus
With the passing of time, the underlying fat under the outer socket and muscular drooping lead to the descent of the outer canthus, thus rounding the eye. An injection by cannula, carried out by an experienced doctor, will re-establish the original anatomy of this area.
-Hyaluronic acid injections to the temple and brow
Injections to this zone, following the fall of fat pads, allows us to open the eyes, and eventually, to create an ‘almond eye’.
– Botox injections
Botox injections at the eyebrow tail to compensate the action of traction towards the bottom of the orbital muscle.
Aesthetic treatment for almond-shaped eyes: before and after photos
For more images go to : www.dr-romano-esthetique.com/en/results-before-after/shape-eye-almond/
This page is purely informative, in accordance with the guidelines of the Ordre of Doctors.It is not a publicity for treatments .
The benefits of aesthetic medicine for the eye area