Since time immemorial, women have been attracted to men with traits that can be defined as masculine: a straight nose, a square jaw, a pronounced chin and thick eyebrows.
A man with such a face has always been considered sexy.
Dictated by male hormones (testosterone, oestrogen), whose presence in the blood is different amongst men and women, facial traits are not the same for both sexes.
Ideal Masculine Facial Traits considered sexy
- A square jawline and a clearly defined mandible angle.
- A square, well-defined and forward-thrusting chin.
- A well-defined eyebrow arcade with horizontal, low bushy eyebrows.
- Narrow eyes.
- High, rectangular cheekbones.
- The male forehead, seen in profile, follows an oblique line from the hairline to the eyebrows with a typical bony projection at the level of the eyebrows.
- A straight nose.
- A significant relationship between the width and height of the face, that is a rather wide face, with less height in the middle zone.
George Clooney fulfils these criteria
When we masculinise the face of a man, we give him male traits, or accentuate those that he already has.
The age of men who have been ‘injected’ or ‘botoxed’ and look like women is over. Men, like women, want to keep their charm and to have a natural result. Thus, it is important to preserve masculine characteristics.
Facial masculinisation can improve self-esteem which in itself has an impact upon behaviour, comportment and confidence. Augmenting the charm and elegance of a male face means giving personality and greater assurance to a face, which is important in certain professions and milieu.
Techniques available for masculinisation of the male face :
- Injections to masculinise the face.
- Lasers and peels to improve the complexion/deal with skin problems.
The ideal man – he’s all bits and pieces!
A survey undertaken by Manchester’s Crown Clinic aimed to find the ‘ideal man’. Among older respondents, the face of the ideal man would be composed of George Clooney’s ‘silver fox’ hair, the laughing eyes of Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt’s nose and David Beckham’s well-trimmed beard.
According to the under 30s, the ideal man has Harry Styles’ hair (One Direction), the blue eyes of Zac Efron, Robert Pattinson’s stubble, Jamie Dornan’s nose and Ryan Gosling’s jawline.
Aesthetic treatment to masculinize the face : before and after photos
For more images go to : www.dr-romano-esthetique.com/en/results-before-after/masculinisation-male-features/
This page is purely informative, in accordance with the guidelines of the Ordre of Doctors.It is not a publicity for treatments .