The mouth is a symbol of youth, attraction and sensuality.
For anatomical reasons and environmental aggression, the aging of this zone is often more marked than the aging of the rest of the face.
The "bar code", commonly seen among smokers, corresponds to breaks caused by the repeated contraction of the dermis during movements of the orbicularis muscle of the mouth and skin changes due to aging.
Age-related changes to the lips include:
- Drying and discoloration of the red lip.
- Loss of the definition of the hem and lips.
- Red lip thinned and / or returned with decrease of its volume.
- Labial folds sagging and hollow.
- Flattening of the philtric ridges and loss of the definition of Cupid's bow.
-Vertical labial wrinkles, especially at the level of the upper lip (“bar code” or “sun wrinkle”).